Company Overview: As a leading provider of residential and support services to individuals with special needs, Services for the UnderServed provides the resources you need to build on your experience amidst our culture of team support. Ongoing training and attention to your development help to ensure your success. Your achievements and leadership are rewarded by advancement opportunities. Our commitment to continuous quality improvement impacts the lives of our clients and communities while contributing to the development of our employees.
Position Summary: The Direct Care Worker provides individuals with developmental disabilities with skills for independent living in a safe environment.
• Provide habilitation services to each client as prescribed in that client’s service plans (CFA, Individual Service plan, Habilitation plan)
• Assist each client, as needed, in skill development in areas such as activities of daily living, domestic living, recreation and socialization
• With appropriate training and supervision, administer medication to clients as assigned and in compliance with management, medical and nursing policies and procedures
• Ensure assigned clients’ nutritional needs are met according to prescribed diet, and assist with feeding as necessary
• Report immediately any observed/known deficiencies or own inability in providing habilitation services to clients, as well as all types of abuse and other facility problems, including physical plant/safety issues to management
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays
• HS Diploma or GED required, Associates Degree preferred
• One year’s experience providing direct services to developmentally disabled persons preferred
• Valid NYS Driver’s license and must be able to pass insurance criteria
• Preferred Certifications: AMAP, SCIP-R, CPR & First Aid
Keywords: Direct service professional, counselor, residential counselor, direct care counselor, habilitation specialist, human services, social services, social worker, case manager, health services, developmental disabilities, mental health behavioral health, OPWDD, OMRDD
SUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Services for the UnderServed (S:US) believes every New Yorker has the right to lead a life of purpose. Since 1978, S:US has been turning this belief into reality by advocating for people with life circumstances marked by homelessness, intellectual/developmental disability, behavioral health and addiction challenges, poverty, criminal justice involvement, and trauma. Our dedicated workforce of 2,400 provides services and supports to transform the lives of 35,000 individuals and families in New York City and Long Island.